Electric bicycles can travel up to 100 miles and tow a maximum weight of 500 pounds. They are used to transport people and goods in the community. Why are electric bicycles not considered?
A motorcycle is a simple bicycle frame with an engine and battery mounted on it, allowing the rider to avoid the hassle of pedaling. The motorcycle is powerful enough to climb hills and can travel quite fast at 20-28 mph.
There are many types of electric bicycles, including cargo types, mountain climbing types, and even folding types. They are 10 to 20 pounds heavier than normal bicycles, and cost two to three times as much as normal bicycles.
Circana Research Company said the US motorcycle market is expected to grow 269% from 2019 to 2022. Total sales last year reached 885.5 million yuan, an increase of 14% from the previous year, while the total sales of the bicycle market fell by 12%. US electric bike sales exceed those of electric cars and trucks.
The main reason why motorcycles are popular is that they are convenient and easy to use. When you go to work or school you don’t have to sweat to go to school or office. They can carry things, people or equipment. The biggest reason why people are worried and afraid of riding an electric bicycle is the car. Several studies have shown that many people avoid cycling because there are no protected bicycle lanes.
Fortunately, in recent years, more and more urban areas have installed dedicated bicycle lanes. Cyclists have a safe place to ride. More and more people dare to cycle through urban areas and business districts.
Price is another reason why motorcycles are prohibitive for some people. The price of the most basic motorcycle starts at 1,500 yuan, and a high-end electric bicycle can cost thousands.
Buying a motorcycle is like buying a car, it is a “big expense”, so you have to consider whether it is really needed in daily life.WashingtonLauren Copsey, owner of bicycle store The Daily Reader, recommends the following five steps:
1. Test riding. Many cities have ride-sharing systems. Try riding different routes using bicycles provided by Lyft and other manufacturers and see if they fit your needs.
2. Find a good seller. First research and test the car model you have in mind, and try to find a store close to where you live where it can be purchased. After-sales service will make it easy to send it back for repair if necessary.
3. Testing. If you dare ask, most stores will allow you to test ride for a longer period of time; Try several models and focus on testing usability on the way to school or commuting.
4. Prepare 2,500 yuan. Because you will also have to buy additional equipment like lights, helmet, basket or bag.
5. DoneInsurance.home orTenantInsurance may cover motorcycles.