President Biden today told Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu not to travel to crowded areas unless arrangements are first made to “keep people safe,” the White House said.GazaMilitary operations were launched in the southern part of the corridor in the city of Rafah.
Agence France-Presse reported that the White House said in a statement that Biden “reaffirmed to Benjamin Netanyahu his view that there should be no credible and credible support for the protection and support of the more than 1 million people who have sought refuge there.” “As part of the implementation of the plan, a military operation was launched in Rafah.”
Reuters reported that Biden spent the weekend at his home in Wilmington, Delaware. On the 8th, Biden said that Israel’s military response to the Gaza Strip “has gone too far” since this is the first conversation between the two.
Rafah, close to the Egyptian border, has been spared continuous Israeli bombardment for four months.PalestineThe only remaining place of refuge for man. Palestinian Islamic fundamentalist movementHamas(Hamas) gunmen launched the attack on October 7 last year, killing 1,200 Israelis and taking about 250 hostages, triggering the war.
The health ministry in Gaza under Hamas estimates that about 28,000 Palestinians have been killed since the conflict began.
The United States, the United Nations, and foreign governments are deeply concerned by Netanyahu’s plan to attack Rafah. The local population of about 1.4 million people is overcrowded, with many living in tents, and food, drinking water and medicine becoming increasingly scarce.
In an interview clip released last night, Netanyahu insisted that the military operation would be launched in Rafah and that “safe routes will be provided so that civilians can evacuate.”
Asked in an interview broadcast today where civilians should go, Netanyahu said: “You know, the areas north of Rafah that we have cleared, there are many areas. But we will have a detailed plan.”
In an interview broadcast today on the ABC program “This Week,” when Netanyahu was asked how many hostages were still alive, he said, “Enough to justify the kind of effort we are going to make.” “We will try to do everything we can.” Bring back whatever is alive and, frankly, bring back the remains of the dead as well.”
At the same time, Chairman of the Palestinian Autonomous Government Mahmoud Abbas reached Qatar’s capital Doha today and will discuss with Qatar’s King Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani tomorrow to ensure a ceasefire in Gaza. Qatar is home to many of Hamas’ political leaders and has played an important mediating role in the conflict.
Palestinian news agency WAFA reported that Abbas would hold talks with Tamim tomorrow, but did not say whether he would meet the Hamas leader. Hamas has long been at odds with Abbas and his West Bank-based Fatah group.
Palestinian Ambassador to Qatar Munir Ghanem told the Voice of Palestine radio station today that Abbas will discuss how to ensure a ceasefire with Israel in Gaza and how to expand rescue for the 2 to 3 million Gazans. Content and other issues were discussed with Tamim.